Today's Topic: Share an embarrassing moment.
I've mentioned this particular embarrassing story on here before, but I was recently reminded of it and thought I'd share it again. A few weeks ago a Robin made her nest on the ledge of my parents apartment window. Laid eggs, birdies hatched and then flew away. It was so neat watching the whole process first hand. As I looked at those beautiful blue eggs sitting in the nest, waiting for life to be born, I flashed back to a memory right after Easter when I was a child.
I loved Easter. Finding plastic eggs and candy and being greedy was all it was about to me. While playing in a neighbors backyard one day, I saw that someone had missed one delicious piece of candy from the holiday. It was planted right on the back of the house near the drain pipe. I swiftly ran over before anyone else spotted it. Just to be extra safe that no one would eat it before I did I shoved it in my mouth and bit down. I thought it was an unwrapped piece of chocolate shaped like an egg. What I got shocked me. It was a real Robins egg. I can only assume it fell out of a nearby nest somewhere, unless some higher power was seriously screwing with me. I immediately spit it out and started crying. The other kids laughed and ridiculed me. I was only like two years old but it mortified me. I ran home still sobbing. I learned a valuable lesson that day though. Don't eat candy from off the ground... it's much safer when given to by strangers.
|See the wrath in my eyes? Never come between me and my candy. |